For me, my own personal make up style would be the fresh-faced look with the classic black winged eyeliner. Before even starting your make up, always think of the ‘Less Is More’ approach. No one wants to look like a cake bake!
There are a lot of ladies out there who are afraid of trying to create the classic ‘Kate Moss’ eyeliner look. I know I was once like this but with some deep breaths and a lot of practice, anyone can perfect this look. I thought I would give you all some tips and advice on how to get it right.
Here are a few tips:
- Using a black liner with a very thin brush, start at the inner corner of your eye and drag the brush along the lash line to the outer corner.
- Always follow the natural shape of your eye, if you try to play around with the shape it will make your eyes look smaller.
- When creating the line, try to get the brush as close as possible to your lash line. This will make it look more natural. ( No one wants any white gaps between your lash line and liner.)
- When starting your line in the inner corner of your eye, lean very lightly on it. This line is to appear thin.
- The further you move outwards add some pressure to your brush to create a thicker line.
- After you have completed your liner line wait around twenty seconds to allow it to dry, and try not to blink.
- Once they have dried, check to make sure both lines are even.
- Next step is creating the ‘wing’.
- Aim to have the tip of the liner pointing to around 2 o ‘clock or meeting the end of your brow.
- It’s up to you whether you want the line a long or a natural flick, and feel free to add more weight to the line.
So that is pretty much the rules when creating this look. Remember to use a mirror that is mounted onto a wall, never use a hand hell one. Also try leaning your elbow on something strong and use your wrist when dragging the liner.
Again think Kate Moss and Lauren Conrad when experimenting. Hope this helped everyone. Have fun!